Purpose of the Role
Will be responsible for the Legal and Regualtory functions and essential business support.
1. Handling litigations (consumer, labour, tax and other litigations). Engaging quality lawyer and briefing them about the facts, business requirement and appearance before the appropriate forums. Working on various strategies to optimize business benefits/minimize losses including out of court settlements
2. Legal support to Business team - To provide legal support to various end user teams on their day to day business needs and ensure smooth functioning which includes filing of criminal complaints, responding and issuing Legal notices, settlement letters and advising on various legal and regulatory implications by sensitizing the internal stake holders.
3. Drafting of all kind of agreements (including Lease agreements, vendor agreements, NDA, consultancy agreements, Rate Contracts, MSA etc.,) within the committed TAT as per Business requirement. To understand the requirements of end user team and to draft contracts to cater business needs within the committed TAT or depending on the business needs. Sensitizing and advising end user team on various contract clauses.
4. Legal and regulatory compliance pertaining to DOT/TRAI guidelines, regulations. Providing interpretation and adherence to the TRAI/TDSAT orders and other legal matters in relation to Broadband industry. Facilitate business decisions basis regulatory impact and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
5. Coordination with regard to regulatory authorities such as DOT, MIB, TRAI, TERM cell and various other State and Central Governmental Authorities in order to uphold companys point of view.
6. Prepare and filing reports before various authorities as per applicable laws. Drafting, submission of correspondences, letters and applications with various Authorities as per the business needs and to uphold companys point of view.
7. Liaise with law enforcement agencies to advocate companys issues/positions.
8. Research, anticipate and mitigate company against legal risks
9. Handling all the relevant Legal and Regualtory issues pertaining to Broadband Business.
Key Result Areas
1) Update the management of the relevant legal and industrial developments on a daily basis.
2) Agreements and legal correspondence to be drafted with zero error within TAT.
3) To co-ordinate with the inter-functional teams and the external authorities to complete the task - within the required time.
4) To apprise the team of the legal applications to tackle a given situation within the required time.
5) To co-ordinate with the external counsels and take appropriate legal actions basis the requirement.
6) To coordinate with various law enforcement agencies to enable the business to achieve its objectives.
Desired Skills and Competencies
Proven background in Telecom and other Business laws (Contract law, Civil and Criminal laws)
Adaptability and Commitment
Excellent negotiation and communications skills
Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
Good Interpersonal skills
Fluency in written and spoken English and Kannada. Knowing Hindi will be an added advantage.
Basic Law Degree from an Indian University (B.A. LLB).
1. Should have Minimum of 5 to 8 years of working in Legal function/ practicing as an advocate in Indian courts
2. Should have Minimum 1 years of experience in handling teams
3. Must possess Strong interpersonal abilities
4. Must have Strong negotiation, drafting, communication & presentation skills
Salary: INR 2,75,000 - 4,75,000 P.A.
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt Ltd
Today, we are closer than ever to realising it. Based in Bangalore, we serve a number of cities and towns in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Delhi. We are one of the country's most renowned cable and broadband company, bringing state-of the art services to nearly 2 million happy homes:
Contact Company:Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt Ltd
Address :Golden Heights, 59th "C" Cross, 4th "M" Block,Rajajinagar, Bangalore- 560 010, Karnataka