Roles and Responsibilities
1) Primary responsibility is operations and maintenance of data center power equipment from the main switch through the rack level PDU including all intermediate UPS’s, PDU’s, and switch gear.
2) Responsible for Asset Management like Transformer, Generator, Protection Relay, HT panel, LT panel, HT cable, UPS, Cooling systems, (PAC and Chiller)
3) Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Global best practices are in place for the ACT data center.
4) Complete failover analysis to understand power limits at the panel level, rack level, and in-rack PDU level.
5) Responsible for handling all the functions of Electrical & Utility activity to ensure that AMC renewals of critical equipment's UPS, DG Sets, Transformer & Air conditioners, quality functions are met through interaction with the functional managers.
6) Perform daily checks of HVAC, electrical distribution, BMS, and life safety systems.
7) Maintenance and up keep of Fire Extinguishers & Smoke detectors exclusively in the data center.
8) Planning schedule to carryout preventive maintenance of these equipment
9) Organizing maintenance tools, spares & consumables.
10) Maintains supplies inventory by checking electrical material stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for electrical material; reviewing and approving invoices
11) Planning and Controlling Yearly R & M and Maintenance Budget
12) Vendor Management to include AMC, R & M and Refurbishment Project
1. 100% Uptime of the Data centers and facility.
2. Carrying out Preventive maintenance as per schedule.
3. Monitor and adjust BMS and electrical distribution to maintain optimal operating conditions
4. Maintaining records, Logs & MIS reporting.
5. Manage all third party and related License renewals with BESCOM & Electrical Inspectorate.
6. Follows best practices that will reduce unscheduled downtime, improve operations, reliability, safety, and energy efficiency.
7. Ensuring high level of safety and environment practices as per ACT safety policy.
8. Adherence to company's Rules & regulations & safety policies.
9. Supporting for other electrical & utility activities
1. A strong background in electrical engineering
2. Experience in high density data center infrastructure (power and cooling) design.
3. Electrical projects execution and Systems level experience in designing / maintaining Data centers, HT-LT Distribution panels, Power Distribution Transformers,
4. Expert level knowledge of DG Set, HT LT Panels, LRCs LRSs, Circuit Breakers.
5. should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
6. Need to work flexible hours and should be available at the beck and call-in case of emergencies.
7. Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
8. Must have strong English verbal and writing skills.
9. Experience leading cross-disciplinary teams consisting of 15 to 20 engineers and technicians.
1. A minimum of 5+ year work experience
2. Understanding of data center power infrastructure - uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), switchgear, remote power panels, in-rack power distribution units (PDUs), power bus bar / shelf design, single-phase and three-phase AC power, and AC/DC and DC/DC power systems.
3. Knowledge of how IT equipment consumes power and architectural design decisions on power and thermal behavior.
4. Understanding of transformers, MCC, LT distribution system, Electrical components, Generator, Protection Relay, HT panel, LT panel, HT cable, UPS, Chiller based Cooling systems,
5. Maintenance of Air and Water-cooled chillers, Inrows, PAC’s, Packaged Unit, heat pumps, and air conditioners.
6. Operation and Maintenance of electrical equipment & switchgear of 415 V & 11 KV Voltage level
7. Conversant with planned, preventive, predictive maintenance, and electrical safety practices
8. Relevant experience in handling IT Infrastructure of Building Automation System BMS commissioning.
Salary: 5,00,000 - 8,50,000 P.A.
Industry:Telecom / ISP
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Electrical